The Truth:

I won't lie: Music and Touring Require Money.  This blog is an attempt to make it all happen.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Welcome to The Reality Pill.

Hello everyone and welcome to the inaugural posting of The Reality Pill.


Before everything starts up somewhat officially, I guess I should explain what I'm trying to do here. There are a couple major reasons why I decided to start this blog:

Reason #1:

I'm a college dropout that majored in English composition and journalism before deciding that life would be more suitable spent doing anything that didn't involve eating dorm cafeteria chili dogs and falling asleep in lecture halls for $5000 a quarter. Instead, I chose to abandon traditional life and head out on the road to play music with my friends in a couple of different bands. Somehow through all of this, I feel that writing down my opinions about music and the music lifestyle while attempting to spread the word about newer (as well as older) artists would benefit more than just myself. Thus, The Reality Pill.

Reason #2:

Honestly, to make some money. Having been inspired by the authors of blogs such as My Debt Free Goal and $6K Per Month, I signed up for my first "Get Paid To" website at Cash Crate. I've been pretty skeptical of these types of sites for the longest time, but decided to take a chance and shockingly, it's worked very well so far. I'd like to keep this blog about music as much as possible, but don't be surprised to see the occasional self-promotional post regarding the latest ways to make money on the internet and how all of you can get involved. I'd apologize, but it's tough out there on the road to keep up with the bills and steady jobs are few and far between when you need so much time away from home.

That's it for now. Expect a couple of posts later tonight to kick things off. Until then...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: